Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month, January to June and September to November at the Ancaster Old Town Hall on Wilson St. Meetings begin at 7:30pm with an opportunity to meet and greet and enjoy refreshments. Meeting begins at 7:45 pm
Meetings and Speakers for 2017
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO SOCIETY MEETINGS DURING THE MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST.
Our September, October, November meetings will be held at the Ancaster Library, Murray Ferguson Room (lower level) due to renovations at the Old Town Hall. Meetings will start at 7:30 sharp to meet the library closing time of 8:45pm
September 19, 2017: Jon Wells has been a reporter with the Hamilton Spectator for 20 years where he has won numerous national and provincial awards for his journalism. He has also written six books. The most recent, "Death's Shadow", is a collection of true crime stories. Jon was born in Montreal, raised in London, Ontario, has a degree in political science from the University of Western Ontario and a Master's journalism degree from Carlton University.
Jon's story, "Jon's Journey" is about his hike, canoe and bike through Hamilton, and won him a Tourism Hamilton Award as well as an Ontario Newspaper Award.
October 17, 2017: Our October program is being changed. More details to follow.
What We Do
- We plant and maintain municipal gardens in 3 locations and the gardens at Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum.
- Ancaster Square Millennium Park.
- Brandon Park.
- We run the annual Trillium Awards program in Ancaster for the
100 most beautiful front gardens.
- We hold an annual Flower, Vegetable & Photo Show
and Afternoon Tea in August of each year.
- We decorate the Old Town Hall for Christmas.
- Our annual fundraiser—our popular Plant Sale - is held on the May long weekend, which supports our
- And…we have a lot of fun! Come join us!